Friday, May 4, 2012

My Garden Starts

This year we are starting our garden a little late because of the unpredictable weather we had this winter. This week we are finally able to start. I am doing most of the planning and work for the vegetable garden since it will be difficult for Mom to do it this year. Most of the plants I am going to buy already started from the nursery but I have started pickling cucumbers and pumpkins from seed. The seeds are not genetically modified so I can collect the seeds from the cucumbers and pumpkins I grow for next year. I planted four pickling cucumbers and four pumpkins. I am hoping they all grow but I will have to wait to find out. I am keeping my eye out for helpful gardening books, so if you have any recommendations please tell me.


No comments:

Post a Comment