Thursday, May 10, 2012

Indoctrination!!

I have been homeschooled all my life. My parents made the decision to homeschool my siblings and me before I was born. There are many reasons why my parents wanted to homeschool us. The main reasons are; they believe the Bible gives the role of teaching children to parents not the state; they wanted to give us a biblical worldview ( and they knew the public schools would not give us one) and they also wanted to protect us from the dangers of public schools. I always knew public schools were anti-Bible and anti-God and that they were dangerous but I never fully understood it until I watched Indoctrination. In Indoctrination, Colin Gunn travels around the country and asks important questions such as, Who established the American public school system? Are my kids physically and morally safe in the schools? Are public schools religiously neutral? Should Christians try to be "salt and light" in public schools? and Can the public school system be fixed or redeemed? Along the trip Colin Gunn and his family of nine talk to teachers, school administrators, christian leaders, parents and students. Indoctrination is an engaging, controversial and thought provoking documentary. I think everyone should see it. I agree with Cal Thomas when he said "Every christian with a child in a government school should see this movie and be forced to confront their unwillingness to do what Scripture requires for the children on loan to them by God."
You can watch the trailer for Indoctrination on their website at http://indoctrinationmovie.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment