|Image Credit: Teacher-Recources and Google Images|
1. Take Your Focus of Yourself: When we focus on ourselves we tend to become more bitter and sad because things just aren't going our way! Rather if we shift our focus to God we will remember that He is in control of our situation and He is bigger than all the problems we face. He also promises that we can take all of our cares and troubles to Him and He will take care of you.
2. Think about Something Else: When we have troubles they tend to take up most of our thinking space. However instead of allowing that to happen purposely think about something else. Try to distract yourself when you can with uplifting music, movies or books. Focus on the good things that are in your life rather than being constantly consumed by the bad.
3. Drink tea and eat chocolate: Lots and lots!! Chocolate knows, chocolate understands. And tea has a soothing effect on the mind.
4. Exercise: Exercise releases happy hormones and happy people don't go insane. When I am stressed or sad I go for a run. Or if I am overwhelmed I go for a walk.
5. Memorize Bible Verses: This kind of goes with thinking about something else but it is a really good thing to have Bible verses memorized. They can encourage and comfort you. Plus you can have them handy in your mind next time disaster strikes.
6. Do Special Stuff with someone you love: When all the world seems to be against you find the one person left who isn't and do something fun with them. Hannah and I like to watch movies and eat ice cream together. Or we paint our nails and watch YouTube videos. Or we do a face mask and listen to an audio drama. Whatever you do, it's nice to just do something fun with someone who you can just relax with.
7. Remember that whatever you are going through isn't going to last forever: If God brought you to it then He will bring you through it. Problems, people, struggles etc. come and go. You will not be in the throes of trouble forever. Just keep that in mind and keep on the sunny side:):)
Do you have an special ways you stay sane???