Friday, November 22, 2013

Greek Cappucino Swirl

Greek yogurt is a wonderful thing. It makes an awesome snack, side or light breakfast. It is thick, creamy and high in protein. I love it because it is so versatile and so lends itself to many different flavor combinations. This particular flavor combination is one of my favorites because I am a coffee fan and and even bigger chocolate fan and any for of combining those two makes me very happy. This recipe calls for espresso powder but you could use instant coffee if you want a decaf version because the expresso powder has a way, if eaten at 10 at night, of keeping you awake well past 1 in the morning (don't ask me how I knew that.) It is helpful however, for those nights before a conference when things that need to be done are keeping you up into the wee hours of the morning that the conference is supposed to start (don't ask me how I knew that either.) Anyway this snack is kind of like a chocolate coffee pudding but if you want it more runny like regular yogurt you could add more water to your espresso powder mixture. Also this recipe is low fat, low carb, low calorie and low sugar, for those of you who are into that sort of thing.

Greek Cappuccino Swirl
1\2 c. nonfat plain greek yogurt
1 TBS. water
1 tsp. espresso powder or 2 tsp. instant coffee
1 -2 TBS. desired sweetener  (I use Stevia in the Raw)
1 TBS. cocoa powder
1\2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 pinch of salt

Dissolve the espresso powder or instant coffee in the water. Put the yogurt in a bowl or a mug; whichever you prefer. Make sure it is big enough to give you enough room to mix everything. Add the rest of the ingredients including the dissolved coffee. Mix very well. ENJOY!!!!

3 comments: