Monday, March 19, 2012

Yummy Oatmeal Muffins

My friend, Annie, gave me this recipe a couple of years ago. No one in me family really likes oatmeal (except for my mom) but everyone loves these muffins. They are a great way to get rid of leftover oatmeal. You can add your favorite dried or fresh fruit to make them unique.

Oatmeal Muffins

2 cups flour
2 cups brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
1 cup oil
4 eggs 
2 cups leftover oatmeal
1 cup fruit of choice
2 tsp. vanilla

Mix all of the dry ingredients in a bowl. In another bowl mix all the rest of the ingredients. Combine them together. Stir till combined but do not over mix. Scoop into well greased muffin tins. Bake for 18 minutes at 350. 
Enjoy!!


Variation: Mix in 2 mashed bananas and 2 cups blueberries. These are my brothers favorite. Especially if I brush the tops with melted butter and brown sugar. :) 
Mom will sometimes treat us with coconut and chocolate chips. Yum!!















No comments:

Post a Comment