Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Cranberry Zucchini Bread

I made this recipe yesterday with some of my homegrown zucchini. In my opinion zucchini bread is the best and only way to eat zucchini. (My mom and I do not see eye to eye on this point although she loves zucchini bread.)  This is my favorite recipe I have found for zucchini bread. It is super moist, and the tart cranberries are a nice addition. My dad loves to toast a slice and butter it. It is a great breakfast bread.
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon                              
1 1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp.nutmeg                                                  
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
1 cup oil
1 TBSP. vanilla extract
1 cup chopped, fresh or frozen cranberries
1/2 pecans

In a large bowl combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl beat eggs. Add zucchini, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Fold in the cranberries and pecans. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in X 5-in X 3-in loaf pans. (in other words, normal loaf pans.) Bake at 350 for 50 - 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
ENJOY!!                                                                                           Yield: 2 loaves





                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment